Pasta night?! This Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta will have you drooling, I promise. Lemon + Garlic + Pasta = Deliciousness. Best combo ever, if you haven’t tried it yet this is a definite must try recipe.
I’m keeping this post short and sweet, because we are on the road to another quick camping weekend RV trip and I only have minimal time to get this recipe shared. (Personal hotspots are awesome ;)) I made this earlier in the week and it was AMAZING!
Health Benefits of Red Peppers
Red Peppers have soooo many health benefits and are so easy to use in dishes. Here’s just some of the awesome benefits our body’s will reap from eating these delicious red peppers…
Red Pepper Uses
Red peppers are so versatile. They can be added to a lot of recipes, used on top of sandwiches/pizzas, eaten as a snack, you name it! Griffin and Calvin enjoy them as a crunchy snack too.
Ok – Now back to my Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta ;)…
The smell of sauteed red/yellow peppers, red onion, and garlic… Mmmmmm. Their bright red color just looks healthy (if that makes any sense). But, seriously often times dark pigmented fruits/vegetables are packed full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Little Cal Bear even ate it. (I sometimes have to deconstruct theirs a little bit) But they ate the chicken, pasta, peppers… just liked it seperate.
I used 2% milk for mine, but if you want a more rich/creamy version you could use heavy cream. Don’t go lower than 2% fat, as it might lose some of the creaminess. I was worried using 2% milk vs heavy cream was going to make it sticky vs creamy, but it was still creamy and delicious just like any other full fat pasta dish.
Other Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta Recipe Notes:
- Any kind of noodle will do. If you prefer bow tie, penne, use it.
- I topped with parsley, but basil or lemon zest would also be yummy.
- IF you don’t like peppers, asparagus or broccoli would also be delicious in this recipe.
- Try not to let it sit too long before serving as it might start to thicken some. However, it did reheat nicely for lunch the next day. 🙂
Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cups peppers, sliced (I used red and yellow)
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 10 oz angel hair pasta (or any pasta of your choice)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 chicken broth
- 1/4 white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- parsley for serving
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat, cook the peppers/onions until softened (~5 minutes), add the garlic for last ~3o seconds.
- Remove the peppers/onions from the pan, cover/keep warm.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, coat each side with flour.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in the pan on medium high heat, cook the chicken ~4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Set the chicken aside with the veggies.
- Make the pasta according to the directions.
- Make the sauce; melt the butter, add the flour (whisk to combine), add the white wine.
- Bring to a simmer, cook ~4 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
- Add the pasta and pepper/onion mixture to the sauce. Top with chicken, add additional parmesan cheese and parsley for serving (optional).