Are you at that age where most of your friends either have little kids or are expecting?
Are you frequently invited to parties that are mostly geared towards adults? Or do you feel guilty going to parties where your kids are rather “bored”?
Why not host you your own perfect KID FRIENDLY SUPER BOWL PARTY?!
I have been compiling some ideas for my own Kid Friendly Super Bowl Party and I thought why not share these with you guys! 🙂 Take a few ideas to use or go with the whole shabang!
I’m envisioning the parents getting to spend some adult time chatting and watching the game, while the kiddos are having a blast together playing some of these fun and silly games.
Funny thing is I don’t even like football and have absolutely no clue what teams might even be in it! hahaha. But – I do like planning and putting together parties and hanging out with friends and family at my house. So – bring it on Super Bowl!
Some of these recipes and crafts are mine and the links are mostly to amazon items if you need to buy stuff – because well I mean who actually has time to plan ahead? And with Amazon Prime or even without you can order stuff rather quickly and it will arrive in 2-5 days ;).
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you I will earn a commission if you click and make a purchase. These simple tactics help keep my little blog afloat. Thanks for the support.
Kid Friendly Super Bowl Party
Party Supplies to Buy:
1. These Football themed plates, cups, and table cloths are so much fun! These really add that football effect to your party for minimal expense. 😉
- JOYIN 72 Pieces Touchdown Football Paper Plates Football Game Day Party Accessory Supplies (7 Inches Large)
2. You’d be surprised how much color and awesomeness something as simple as fun straws or little coordinated appetizer picks will do to bring your party decor together! I like the black and white straws that resemble the umps!
- Bulk Biodegradable Paper Drinking Straws – Recyclable 100 Striped Paper Straws for Milkshake Coffee Smoothie Back to School
3. Galvanized bucket with yellow napkins (AKA penalty flags) is a really cute touch! They also sell those little chalk stickers you could add to the buckets and write “pentalty flags” on it ;). These little galvanized buckets are also very handy for snacks to set around like chex mix or pretzels.
- Galvanized Metal Pails Bulk, Medium Size Pack of 12 Buckets, Goodie Baskets Party Favors, Parties Decoration, 5 X 4 1/2″ By 4E’s Novelty
4. These adorable football themed cupcake wrappers and toppers will be the talk of the party. Both the kids and adults will love them!
Party Decoration Ideas:
Whenever I host a party, I find that there are a few items that everybody always notices. 1. A good banner that is bold and stands out. 2. Something on your front door that sets the mood for the party, think bright and fun! And 3. Some kind of interactive party favor – whether it be glasses, whistles, or in this case photo booth props!
1.This Football Door Cover is sure to leave in impression. I know my little guys would absolute think this is hilarious!
2. Touchdown Banner and TailGate Zone Tape are perfect for hanging up to add little splash of color and fun! Not to mention they can be reused year after year! … Bonus!
- Rustic Touchdown Burlap Banner for Kids Boys Girls Adult | NFL Superbowl Sports Party Decorations Flag | Football Baby Shower and gender reveal Backdrop | Eagles Party Supplies and Favors | Pre-Strung No Need DIY
- Tailgate Zone Party Tape 3in. x 20ft. Pkg/3
3. Interactive party props are always a hit! They are actually fun for both kids and adults and are great for breaking the ice if not everybody at your party knows each other that great. These photo booth props will definitely get your Kid Friendly Super Bowl party trending on Instagram and Facebook ;). Personalizing your own black eye paint saying sounds like nothing but good old fashioned trouble ;).
- Football Photo Booth Props Kit – 26 Counts Super Bowl Game Day Decoration Supplies Gift, Fun Photography Posing Signs for Kids Boys Adults Sports Theme Birthday Tailgating Party Favors Accessories
Even though most people don’t admit it, food is one of the main attractions to most parties. Yep – it’s true. I always try to have some homemade(ish) options as well. There is nothing worse than leaving a party and already feeling like you’re starting to swell up from all of the processed salty foods! Ahhh! Here are some yummy ideas for you that are slightly less guilt containing than the store bought stuff!
- My Lightened Up Buffalo Chicken Dip is by no means low cal, but it is most definitely better than those store bought alternatives. I also love that you can make this in the slow cooker! Slow cookers = party planning heaven! Make it ahead of time and don’t need to worry about it. Check it out… Lightened Up Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe.
2. Something different other than take out pizza! I promise if you actually make your own flatbread pizzas nobody will miss the greasy boring pepperoni pizzas that everybody has had a million times over! Check it out… Sun-dried Tomato Artichoke Flatbread Pizza Recipe.
3. What about the kids?! These Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese Bites will be both intriguing to the adults and kiddos! Pair these with some veggies from the veggie platter or some simple applesauce pouches and your little guests will be happy 🙂 . Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese Bites Recipe.
4. Dessert? Eh… keep it very simple. Just a little something sweet will do, don’t feel like you have to have a full blown dessert option. But cookies are always welcome. 🙂 These football themed sugar cookies are just way too cute. Decorate in the team colors of your choice and you will look like a professional!
- R&M International 1946 Football Cookie Cutters, 2 Footballs, Player, Helmet, Cheerleader, Megaphone, 6-Piece Set
5. Drinks? Of course I’m sure you’ll have the traditional beer and wine… but these could also be ohhh so fun. Now you could either make these alcoholic and/or nonalcoholic for the kiddos. Just make sure you keep them out of reach from the kiddos if they are alcoholic. 😉
Games & Entertainment!
This is key for the kids. They obviously (unless they are way older) are not going to be that interested in the actual football watching. So why not have some fun games to entertain them.
Pet peeve of mine is taking children to a basically “adult” party and then getting angry at them that they are bored or asking for someone to play with them nonstop. I mean you can’t expect them to just be self sufficient all of a sudden, but a few fun games can definitely help make their day just as fun as yours!
Plus – I would also be willing to bet the adults are probably going to have just as much fun with these as the kids!
- Kovot Inflatable Football Target Set – Inflates to 5 Feet Tall! – Soft Mini Football Included
- MasterPieces NFL Matching Game
- Kovot 2-Player Inflatable Football Ring Toss Game – Game Rules Included (2 Goal Post Hats & 6 Rings)
Maybe I’m biased because I have two absolutely crazy full of energy at all times boys, and I would give just about anything to just sit and color for like 5 minutes!! haha…seriously though. They never sit. EVER!
But – maybe they will if there is a contest involved. So, this is why I came up with the idea for this helmet coloring contest. 😉 Either way, sounds like a fun little activity for the kiddos, adults could vote at half time!
I hope you have a blast with some of these ideas! I would absolutely LOVE to see some photos of your parties! Tag me @mypeanutbutterpatch on Instagram with your photos! Lookin forward to it!
Happy party planning!