View/purchase Cook with Mom Recipe Cards and Color Matching Activity on Etsy now.
Prior to becoming a mom, I always had visions of baking in the kitchen with my children. Probably because growing up we spent a lot of time in the kitchen with Mom. So many amazing memories involve activities like baking Christmas cookies, making favorite dishes for someone’s Birthday celebration (Homemade Fat Mac-n-Cheese comes to mind), or just making a batch of good ole chocolate chip cookies on a relaxing Sunday afternoon.
This is one of those moments in life when I just look back and smile. Finally, I am at a point in my life where I can appreciate all that was done for me growing up and proudly carry on these traditions with my little family.
These are the type of blog posts that I share with such a happy and full heart. Just the title “Cook with Mom” brings a smile to my face, and I would love to do the same for my readers. 🙂
All of that being said. I am also realistic. And I know “Cooking with Mom” isn’t always easy – especially with little ones. That is why I have created this activity to help make the cooking experience even more enjoyable.
Because after all…
So, let me break down this activity for you.
What Does Cook with Mom Recipe Cards and Color Matching Activity include?
- Mom’s Recipe Card
- Kids Follow Along Recipe Cards mostly utilizing pictures.
- Color Matching Muffin Activity.
How do I envision this being used?
- Enjoy a fun afternoon or morning together with your child in the kitchen.
- Mom follows her mom’s recipe card to make a delicious batch of Low Fat Banana Flax Muffins (with cinnamon crumb topping) and kiddos get to follow along with their recipe cards. The kids recipe cards utilize mostly pictures which makes it super easy for them to help mom pick out the correct ingredients and tools needed. Also included in the recipe cards is a step by step directions card.
- Your kiddos will feel so confident and important because they can actually understand how the recipe works! I love that this activity is fun, but yet also is teaching your kids important basic life skills that they will benefit from their entire life. 🙂
- Also included is a fun little color matching muffin activity which utilizes velcro muffin pieces to match to their corresponding hearts on the muffin tins. I can just see your little ones having fun with this and learning while those delicious muffins are baking in the oven. (Mmmm I can just smell them now).
- As your kiddos get older, they will be able to take on more and more tasks in the kitchen during baking. These recipe cards can be used over and over again. Each time your kid becoming more and more confident in their skills. How fun is that!
“There is no such thing as “just playing”… this is how we learn.”
Just like all of my recipes and creations… happily tried and approved by my little helpers Cal and Griff.
Small side note. We have made these Low Fat Banana Flax Muffins over and over… and are a hit EVERYTIME!
If I haven’t completely won you over yet 🙂 … here are some more pics of the finished products.
All cards and pieces are laminated! Because, lets be honest… kids hands are always grubby… ALWAYS! Even if they’re not eating at the time… there is always something sticky on them ;). Can easily be wiped off if they get dirty!
Cook with Mom Recipe Cards and Color Matching Activity can be purchased through My Peanut Butter Patch Etsy Shop below. I’d love to hear feedback and see pics of your little ones enjoying this! Thank you so much for your support. 🙂