Oh my my!! Eggplant Parmesan is one of my all time favorite dishes. I have made this ridiculously easy 8 minute eggplant parm recipe over and over and over and NEVER get sick of it. I love that this recipe is simple and quick enough I can even whip it up for myself for lunch! But it is also fancy enough that I can make it for a romantic dinner for two – perfect for the upcoming Valentine’s Day!!
I have experimented with this recipe quite a bit… and surprisingly I actually like this very simplified version the best! Sometimes simple really is the best.
I actually timed how long it took me to make this recipe the last time out of curiosity and that is how the “8 Minute Eggplant Parm” came to be! haha.
Seriously though… 8 minutes! Wow! Who needs 20 minutes meals when you can have 8?!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you I will earn a commission if you click and make a purchase. These simple tactics help keep my little blog afloat. Thanks for the support.
Since this recipe is vegetarian, I don’t feel the need to pair it with another vegetable even. It is perfect just how it is. However, a simple arugula salad is always a good choice and makes your plate look even fancier! Yet still so ridiculously simple.
Why Should we Eat Eggplant?
- Heart Health – Eggplants are rich in antioxidants, fiber, potassium, and magnesium. All which support heart health.
- Antioxidants – The purple skin (pigment) in eggplants contains flavonoids which is a class of compounds rich in antioxidants that has been shown to have protective features against a myriad of diseases.
- Weight Management – Eggplant is very low in calories – 1 cup of cooked eggplant contains only ~35 calories! Which will fit perfectly into a low calorie diet. Eggplant is also very high in fiber which helps keep you fuller longer and reduce appetite.
I am excited to make the 8 Minute Eggplant Parm for the upcoming Valentine’s Day! Even the boys ate it last time. I served theirs with a side of pasta and they gobbled it up! I mean who doesn’t love anything covered in cheese and marinara sauce!?
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Don’t forget to share your pics! tag me @mypeanutbutterpatch on instagram!
8 Minute Eggplant Parm
The quickest most delicious recipe ever!! Simple enough for lunch and fancy enough for Valentine’s Day!
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/2 cup italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped optional
Wash your eggplant. Cut into ~1/4-1/3 inch thick slices. Sprinkle each piece with salt, pepper, and garlic powder thoroughly.
In large pain, heat ~2-3 Tbsp olive oil on med/med low heat.
Beat the egg in small dish that you will be able to dip eggplant slices into. Put the panko into another dish of about the same size.
Dip each eggplant slice into the egg so both sides covered, then dip into the panko.
Cook the eggplant ~2-3 minutes on each side until browned.
Top each slice of eggplant with a few spoonfuls of marinara and 1/2 slice of mozzarella cheese. Remove from heat and put lid on pan until the cheese is melted to your liking!
Stack 2-3 pieces on top of each other, enjoy! Sprinkle with parsley (optional)